Sunday, June 29, 2014

Are we there yet?

Flight Departure: 7:00am (means getting to the airport at 5:30am - fun) with Arrival in Maui at 5:15pm
Denver > Seattle > San Francisco > Maui

My new travel pillow was the best investment! I was able to sleep relatively well on my first two flights. I splurged and upgraded to first class for the San Fran to Maui leg and it was totally worth it. Drinks, snacks, food, a blanket, the movie "Divergent", no crying babies, and especially - room to be comfortable. What a treat.

After 16+ hours of travel, Eden picked me up at the airport on perfect time. We made a quick trip to a store and then dropped my luggage off. After that, she took me to a little town near Makawao called Paia (pie-ee-uh), where we had dinner at a place called the Paia Fish Market. It was super busy, but we didn't have to wait too long for our order. We shared a fish dinner plate of Ono with butter and garlic and a side of fries. Yum.

Paia Fish Market
100 Baldwin Ave, Paia, HI
http://www.paiafishmarket.com/

Since I got to Makawao on the 29th, Eden's roomate was still occupying the room I was set to rent starting July 1st. No biggie because the place is pretty big and E has a loft in her room which fit a queen size blow-up mattress. I would have been happy to sleep on the couch, but it was nice to have sheets and a pillow...

No comments:

Post a Comment