Thursday, July 3, 2014

Happy Hour with a view....

Today after I dropped E off at work, I stopped in at Komoda's (at which point I realized I was still wearing my actual slippers - not slippas). It was on my list to go there and get a "famous cream puff" as touted by the Go Hawaii website. It wasn't what I expected because it was filled with more of a custard than a whipped cream, which I was expecting. Still, I'm glad I went. It's a cute little mom n pop type shop and you have to support that.
For a snack, follow the locals to get a famous cream puff from T. Komoda Store. Established in 1916 by Takezo Komoda, a Japanese plantation worker, this little store and bakery does big business. Lines can be long in the morning when everything’s fresh, so come early. The bakery is closed on Wednesdays and Sundays.

Komoda's Bakery
3674 Baldwin Ave, Makawao, HI

E got off work early enough for us to take a trip to Migrant at the Wailea Beach Marriott for Happy Hour, and you know how happy I get about Happy Hour! I think she mentioned that the chef had won or had been on one of the televised cooking shows. Fancy.

I had a Moscow Mule to drink (not the best I've ever had by any means). We decided to share a few foodstuff happy hour items (50% off! what!?) and ordered the Tocino, Filipino Sweet Pork and the Pancit Noodles (I love noodles!). Both were delicious and along with the view, made up for my notsoyummy drink.

Migrant at the Wailea Beach Marriott
3700 Wailea Alanui Dr, Kihei, HI
http://www.migrantmaui.com/

E's Traveling Tip #1: There are NO private beaches in Hawaii. (minor exceptions)

We took a stroll around Ulua Beach and saw yet another amazing sunset. I'm not sure I'll ever get used to that view. We also noticed a bride hiking up some rocks along the shoreline to take some perfect-moment wedding pics and hoped that she had got all the other poses she wanted before she fell into the ocean. somehow, she made it without incident.

After sunset, we stole a peak at a nearby newer hotel (the Andaz Wailea Resort), where we noticed we were quite dehydrated as we admired the view of the infinity pools that were layered on three levels. E offered to go somewhere to get another drink, but I thought dessert sounded better, so we went to Tommy Bahama's and shared a Malted Chocolate Pie. Oh my!

Thankfully, we made it home before our sugar induced coma had set in.







 


No comments:

Post a Comment