Thursday, July 10, 2014

Slowing down and crashing parties....

Slowing down....
Monday
We slowed down quite a bit this week. Monday was a blur, and by this morning, I realized I had lost a day because of it. Turns out we ended up taking a trip to the grocery store and came home to make tacos for dinner, which we ate on our little side patio.

Tuesday
Tuesday, we stayed in too - I made fried spaghetti for dinner and we settled for a Netflix night.

(I also took a walk into town today and noticed that Makawao is in desperate need of sidewalks. Probably isn't going to happen - but it would be nice. And a whole lot safer!)

Crashing parties...
I'm getting good at (or at least I'm racking up) crashing parties.

Wednesday
Wednesday it was one for the Monk Seal Volunteer group. It was at a clubhouse in the area that one of the volunteers lives in - and it was beautiful! A beautiful clubhouse and a beautiful view. Before we left, D'b said we could have a party there anytime, and I told her not to tell me that unless she meant it! As we were driving home, E and I were thinking it would be a great place for my Maui-going-away-party :)

Thursday
Thursday was another. This for the Maui Ocean Center (MOC) group. They were having a potluck barbecue at Sugar Beach combo'd with an attempt to catch some baby sharks for the aquarium. It was the windiest day/night I've experienced so far, but that didn't stop anyone. We hung out for a bit, ate and before I knew it, it was dark. Someone started a bonfire for us with a pallet we had been using for a makeshift table. Perfect, since E and I had brought the makings for SMORES for our contribution. L'i, who had been at the 4th of July Baby Beach bbq, was there - and he entertained us with some very scientific raps. It was a lot of fun and I couldn't help but think that Darren would have especially liked that part of the night.


D'b's clubhouse infinity pool

D'b's clubhouse infinity pool

D'b's clubhouse pool at sunset

D'b's clubhouse pool at sunset



Did I forget to mention the Jello shots?

L'i providing the educating-entertainment



No comments:

Post a Comment